Welcome to our Your Star Wars Guide to Washington State Summer Con! Our goal here is to set you up for having the most Star Wars-infused con experience possible!
Washington State Summer Con, which debuted last year under the name of Washington State Toy & Geek Fest, has raised the convention bar when it comes to movie and comic talent in the Pacific Northwest and especially if you are a Star Wars fan! They have loads of attractions for both young, old, casual and hardcore Star Wars fans! Here is where Star Wars fans can make sure they do not miss out on all the Star Wars fun the show has to offer. Now before heading to the convention make sure to head over the website where you can purchase tickets, autographs and photo ops to make sure you don’t miss out on anything this weekend!
Your Star Wars Guide to Washington State Summer Con 2018 Edition
The following list includes the celebrities, actors and voice talents who will be signing at the con that have participated in various Star Wars media projects.
If you like getting your carded action figures autographed by the actors who portrayed them, then here are a couple of figures that you’ll want to bring with you this weekend:
Billy Dee Williams
- Lando Calrissian (The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker, Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Robot Chicken: Star Wars II, Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars: Battlefront 2015, The LEGO Movie, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Star Wars: Battlefront II 2017, Star Wars: Detours)
- Greef Carga (The Mandalorian)
- Jango Fett (Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Battlefront II 2005, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter)
- Boba Fett (Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 2004 DVD, Star Wars: Battlefront II 2017, Star Wars: Battlefront 2015, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars: Battlefront II 2005)
- Commander Cody (Revenge of the Sith)
- Delta 38 (Star Wars: Republic Commando)
- Major Derlin (The Empire Strikes Back, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures)
- Yoda [puppeteer] (The Empire Strikes Back)
- Jabba the Hutt [puppeteer] (Return of the Jedi)
- Nien Nunb (Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi)
- Ree-Yees (Return of the Jedi)
- Sy Snootles (Return of the Jedi)
Corey Dee Williams
- Klaatu (Return of the Jedi)
- Lando Calrissian [stunt double] (Return of the Jedi)
Comic Book Writers and Artists
The following list includes the comic book writers and artists who will be appearing at the show this year. We have provided a few Star Wars comic books you may want to bring you to the show if you are interested in meeting or getting your books signed.
- Marvel Star Wars #1-10 (1977-1978)
- Star Wars #1 [cover artist] (2015)
- Star Wars Tales #12, 15
Authors & Artists
In addition to all of the film and comic talent, attendees of Washington State Summer Con will be able to meet and get graphs from the following authors and artists!
- Star Wars: Heir to the Empire (1991)
- Star Wars: Dark Force Rising (1992)
- Star Wars: The Last Command (1993)
- Star Wars: Specter of the Past (1997)
- Star Wars: Vision of the Future (1998)
- Star Wars: Fool’s Bargain (2004)
- Star Wars: Survivor’s Quest (2004)
- Star Wars: Outbound Flight (2006)
- Star Wars: Allegiance (2007)
- Star Wars: Choices of One (2011)
- Star Wars: Scoundrels (2013)
- Star Wars: Thrawn (2017)
- Star Wars: Thrawn: Alliances (2018)
- Star Wars: Thrawn: Treason (upcoming 2019)
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor’s Hand; a graphic novel with Michael A. Stackpole (1999)
Mara Jade: A Night on the Town, comic in Star Wars Tales 1
- First Contact: short story in Star Wars Adventure Journal 1, later republished in Tales from the Empire (1994)
- Mist Encounter: short story in Star Wars Adventure Journal 7, later republished in the paperback edition of Outbound Flight (1995)
- Hammertong: short story in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (1995)
- Sleight of Hand: short story in Tales from Jabba’s Palace (1996)
- Command Decision: short story in Star Wars Adventure Journal 11 (1996)
- Side Trip: novella with Michael A. Stackpole in Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 and Star Wars Adventure Journal 13, later republished in Tales from the Empire (1997)
- Jade Solitaire: short story intended for the canceled Star Wars Adventure Journal 17, later published in Tales from the New Republic (1999)
- Interlude at Darkknell: novella with Michael A. Stackpole, in Tales from the New Republic (1999)
- Fool’s Bargain: eBook; also reprinted in the paperback edition of Survivor’s Quest (2004)
- Hero of Cartao: short story in Star Wars Insider
- Changing Seasons: short story in Star Wars Insider
- Judge’s Call: short story on Del Rey’s website.
- Duel: short story / Hasbro tie-in.
- Handoff: short story in Star Wars Gamer
- The Saga Begins: short story in The DarkStryder Campaign (1995)
* information from Wikipedia
- The Toys That Made Us (writer/expert)
- The Ulitmate Guide to Vintage Star Wars Action Figures 1977-1985
- The Ulitmate Guide to Vintage Star Wars Action Figures 1977-1985 Vol 2 (upcoming)
- Official Lucasfilm artist
- Cover Artist (pre-The Empire Strikes Back) Mediascene Prevue Magazine
The last show exclusive at the Washington State Summer Con comes from Jim Steranko and it is an “are you kidding me?” piece. It is no secret that we have a great relationship with the legendary artist, and it was during one conversation regarding Peter Mayhew’s recent passing that we decided to do something special at the show.
Out of the Steranko Archives comes a piece that Jim painted 40 years ago. He had the challenge of creating this masterpiece while The Empire Strikes Back was deep in production. Steranko didn’t have any photos or images of the new characters, but created this piece exclusively through interviews with director Irv Kershner and at least 40 other people involved with making the film.
“When The Empire Strikes Back” will be sized to 12″ x 18″ and limited to 100 prints. They will each cost $50. The prints will be made available to all of the MASTERCLASS attendees on Friday evening with the first option to purchase. The remainder will be divided in half and made available each day of the show. Limit one per person.
Here is your chance to own one of the first visualizations of The Empire Strikes Back from the mind of Jim Steranko. The bonus, once all 100 are sold, the Washington State Summer Con and Jim Steranko will donate $2,500 to the Peter Mayhew – The Wookiee Roars Foundation that will continue to support their noble causes long after Peter’s passing.
No matter where your fandom lies, Washington State Summer Con has something for you! Here are just some of the Star Wars attractions that you will find at the show!
We can not wait for Summer Con and as a Puyallup, Washington native, it is hard to fathom we have such an amazing show right in our backyard. This is the premiere Star Wars event in the Pacific Northwest this year and we hope you can join us for all the Force-filled fun this weekend!