Welcome to our fifth annual Your Star Wars Guide to Emerald City Comic Con! Our goal here is to set you up for having the most Star Wars-infused Seattle con experience possible! As ECCC has grown both in size and popularity (it’s completely sold out as of this writing) it can be easy to become overwhelmed and miss out on all the Star Wars fun the con has to offer. Well, that is where From4-LOMtoZuckuss.com comes in, to help you Star Warsify your trip to the Emerald City’s largest convention.
Once again this year Jake Stevens is joined by his Galaxy of Toys Podcast co-host and fellow Seattle Area Lucasfilm Collectors Club (SARLACC) member, Ryan Beise, hosting an updated version of the Jake and Matt Fox’s Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017 panel titled, “40 for 40: Highlights from Four Decades of Star Wars Collectibles” Join these lifelong Star Wars collectors as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars toys by chronicling 40 different toy lines and collectibles from the past four decades.
Now before we begin, we’d highly suggest that first and foremost, before heading to the con to download the ECCC app on your smartphone or device as it will allow you schedule any or all of the following you’re interested in attending and seeing.
Your Star Wars Guide to Emerald City Comic Con 2018 Edition
The following list includes the celebrities, actors and voice talents who will be signing at the con that have participated in various Star Wars media projects.
If you like getting your carded action figures autographed by the actors who portrayed them, then here are a couple figures that you’ll want to bring with you this weekend:
- BB-8 (Star Wars Sequel Trilogy)
- Bail Organa (The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels)
- Kit Fisto / Orn Free Taa (The Clone Wars)
- Master Syo Bakarn / Sanju Pyne (Star Wars: The Old Republic)
- Darth Vader / Bail Organa / Jar Jar Binks (Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace)
- Kit Fisto (Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars & Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes)
- Captain Riiken (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords)
- Gadon Thek (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
- Huyang (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Naka Iit (Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- Sir Corto Belrake / Rebel Male / Light Droid Male (Star Wars: Uprising)
- Gez Addar / Lane Ferow / Additional Voices (Star Wars: The Old Republic – Rise of the Hutt Cartel)
- Additional Voices (Star Wars: The Old Republic)
- Agent Galen / Additional Voices (Star Wars: The Old Republic)
- Acting Talent (Star Wars: Battlefront II)
- Kira Carsen / Captain Fora (Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire)
- Kira Carsen (Star Wars: The Old Republic – Shadow of Revan)
- Kira Carsen / CC-9G (Star Wars: The Old Republic – Rise of the Hutt Cartel)
- NPCFemPadawan / pad4 / padFem (Kenect Star Wars)
- Kira Carsen / Thana Vesh / Additional Voices (Star Wars: The Old Republic)
Thomas F. Wilson
- Commander Bhoenn / Elz Organa / Gele’ren (Star Wars: The Old Republic)
- Additional Voices (Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Eternal Throne)
- Additional Voices (Star Wars: The Old Republic)
Comic Book Writers and Artists
- Artist (Star Wars: Obi-123)
- Cover Artist
- Artist (Handbook 1: X-Wing Rogue Squadron)
- Cover Artist
- (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
Brian Albert Theis
- (Star Wars: Legacy)
- Star Wars: Kanan The Last Padawan
- Inker (Star Wars: Legacy; Knights of the Old Republic; Jedi; Clone Wars)
- Artist (Star Wars: Crimson Empire II)
- Artist (Star Wars – Dark Horse 1995; Star Wars: Dark Force Rising)
- Ultimate Lego Star Wars
- Ultimate Lego Star Wars
- Star Wars: Aftermath
- Star Wars: Phasma
John Jackson Miller
- Star Wars: Kenobi
- Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime
- Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi
Kevin J. Anderson
The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Jedi Search
- Dark Apprentice
- Champions of the Force
Young Jedi Knights (co-written with Rebecca Moesta)
- Heirs of the Force
- Shadow Academy
- The Lost Ones
- Darkest Knight
- Jedi Under Siege
- Shards of Alderaan
- Diversity Alliance
- Delusions of Grandeur
- Jedi Bounty
- The Emperor’s Plague
- Return to Ord Mantell
- Trouble on Cloud City
- Crisis at Crystal Reef
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire
- Tales of the Jedi: Redemption
- Jedi Academy: Leviathan
Short story collections
- Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (editor)
- Tales of the Bounty Hunters (editor)
- Tales from Jabba’s Palace (editor)
- Swap Meet: The Jawa’s Tale from Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper’s Tale from Tales from Jabba’s Palace
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88 from Tales of the Bounty Hunters
- Firestorm in Star Wars Adventure Journal Volume 1, Number 15
- Bane of the Sith in Star Wars Gamer 3
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- The Essential Chronology (with Daniel Wallace)
- The New Essential Chronology (original text only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Panels are a great way to take a break from the crowds and get some great insight and background to some of your favorite shows, books and hobbies. Here are the panels that have a Star Wars focus and the descriptions ECCC has provided.
40 for 40: Highlights from Four Decades of Star Wars Collectibles
Mar 01, 2018, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Location:TCC L3 – Room 2
Join lifetime Star Wars collectors and podcasters Jake Stevens (From4-LOMtoZuckuss.com) and Ryan Beise (Star Wars: Collecting Cosmos) as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars toys by chronicling 40 different toy lines and collectibles from the past four decades. Selections will include the famous, the infamous, and the forgotten. Whether you prefer Kenner or Hot Toys, Hasbro or Lego, Pez or Bend-Ems, the hosts cover the good, the bad and the ugly from the universe of Star Wars collectibles.
THE MAN BEHIND BB-8
Mar 01, 2018, 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM, Location: Main Stage – WSCC 4A
Come join Brian Herring, puppeteer of the one and only BB-8, and find out how a simple drawing on a napkin came to life as everyone’s newest favorite droid!
Adult Lightsaber Choreography Class with Saber Guild: Jet City Temple
Mar 01, 2018, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
The Force is calling to you – you are never too old to begin your Jedi training. Come and learn lightsaber combat choreography with the Jedi and Sith of Saber Guild’s Jet City Temple. We will provide you with a fully crafted lightsaber capable of movie-quality stage combat, as we teach to you the choreography skills we use in our performances.
Saber Guild International is a Lucasfilm recognized lightsaber performance group. Our mission: to raise money for local charities, and spread our love of Star Wars to fans young and old.
Jet City Temple Presents: The Force Experience
Mar 01-04, 2018, 11:15 AM-12:15 PM & 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Family HQ Stage – TCC LL Room 3
Do you want to become a Jedi? Learn how to use the Force? Fight against a Sith Lord? Join Jet City Temple for our Force Experience Show! Watch as Jedi teach you about the force, show off lightsaber forms, spar against each other, and protect you from the forces of evil. Then, join us for lightsaber class, where you will learn forms, and get a chance to test your lightsaber skills against the Sith. We hope that you join us in learning the ways of the Force!
The Universe of Star Wars
Mar 02, 2018, 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM
The Force Awakens, Rogue One and now, The Last Jedi. Where will the next trilogy take us? Join the discussion about all things Star Wars including previous trilogies, the next live-action series and the upcoming Solo film.
The 501st Legion: Bad Guys Doing Good
Mar 02, 2018, 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
TCC L3 – Room 4
The 501st Legion is a volunteer organization in 51 countries, authorized by Lucasfilm and Disney to perform public appearances as Star Wars characters to benefit charity and local communities. You’ve seen us in parades, food drives, Toys For Tots donations, special needs fairs for Autism or Down Syndrome, Seattle Mariners Star Wars Night, and fundraisers like the one happening here at ECCC, where we raised $23,000 last year for Seattle Children’s Hospital! Come see how YOU can be one of US!
We’re with the Resistance: The Rebel Legion
Mar 02, 2018, 4:15 PM – 5:15 PM
TCC L3 – Room 4
The Rebel Legion is an international costuming group that works under the guidance of Lucasfilm to provide costumed Star Wars protagonists at charity and community events around the world. Founded in 2000 we currently have roughly 4,500 members in across six continents. Here in Washington we frequently work with local schools, libraries, hospitals, and similar organizations. Come hear more about what we do, see some of our best costumes and props, and learn how to become a member yourself!
Star Wars Books
Mar 03, 2018, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Join Del Rey authors Delilah S. Dawson (Star Wars: Phasma), Chuck Wendig (Star Wars: Aftermath), and John Jackson Miller (Star Wars: Canto Bight) as they talk about their recent Star Wars books and everything they love about the galaxy far, far away.
Star Wars Books Author Autographing
Mar 03, 2018, 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM
Writers Block – Autographing Table 1
This is a free autographing session to meet Delilah Dawson, John Jackson Miller, and Chuck Wendig. Books will be available for purchase at the University Book Store located in the Writers Block on Level 6 of WSCC.
Star Wars Meetup
Mar 03, 2018, 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
Welcome to the Star Wars Meetup! Confused on what to do? Here are a few tips! Talk to strangers. Yes, despite what your parents told you that is ok here. Meet some new people, share your interests. Show off your costumes with pictures. Take advantage of our cool backdrop and get some photos of all the awesome costumes! Cosplay is encouraged, but not required. Tweet about your experience! Have some cool shots? Met new comrades? Let us know about it with #ECCC
Ultimate Lego Star Wars
Mar 04, 2018, 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM
WSCC 603- Writers Block Presented by PRH
Ultimate LEGO® Star Wars™ is the latest LEGO reference book from DK. Written by LEGO experts Chris Malloy and Andrew Becraft, the book covers every LEGO Star Wars set and every minifigure variation from 1999 through the book’s publication. Join the authors in a panel discussion led by LEGO artist Dave Sterling about what it’s like to write an official Star Wars reference book in collaboration with Lucasfilm and the LEGO Group. The authors will share fun facts about LEGO and Star Wars in a discussion that collectors, builders, and families will all enjoy. Audience Q&A and book signing to follow.
Star Wars Toy Prototypes and Unreleased Toys
Mar 04, 2018, 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM
TCC L3 – Room 2
This panel will present a unique behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Kenner’s Star Wars toy line that began in 1977, covering artifacts from all stages of toy production from concept to final product using numerous examples from the presenters’ extensive collections of one-of-a-kind items. Our presenters will share information obtained from interviewing hundreds of former Kenner employees and show rare, never-released Star Wars toys that were never available in stores.
- POP Star Wars: Padmé Amidala
- Galactic Plushies: SW: Clone Wars – Ahsoka
- Loungefly: Star Wars Backpack & Pencil Case Set (400pc LE)
- STAR WARS BOUSHH & HAN IN CARBONITE 2-PACK PXL8 PIN SET
Del Rey (Lottery Winners Only)
- Penguin Random House and Del Rey Books are coming to Emerald City Comic Con 2018 with an exciting collectible opportunity from a galaxy far, far away. Get the opportunity to purchase the convention exclusive edition of the novel Star Wars: The Last Jedi. This limited special edition has an exclusive cover and is signed by author Jason Fry. As an added bonus, purchasers receive a free Star Wars pin.
- Comics Dungeon Exclusive cover for Star Wars Adventures #1 by Mike Maihack, creator of Cleopatra in Space!